How long is the VersaSpa Bronzing Mist effective? The VersaSpa Bronzing Mist can extend the life of your tan by up to one week, depending on how well you maintain it. The longer the tan can last, the more moisturized and rejuvenated the skin is.
So, how do I get the best Versa spray tan results?
You can achieve longer-lasting results by:
Before spray tanning, shave and exfoliate.
After your spray tan, keep your skin moisturized.
As a result, how long does it take for my spray tan to develop? Two to three hours after application, your skin begins to darken and reaches its peak color within 24 hours. The color will gradually fade due to natural exfoliation, just like a sun tan.
As a result, how frequently can you spray tan with Versa?
A sunless tan normally lasts 4-5 days, but if properly maintained, it can last 6-8 days.
What should you avoid doing after getting a spray tan?
Products to Avoid Following an Airbrush Spray Tan
Mineral oil, petroleum, or parabin-containing products
Sunscreens in aerosol form.
AHA products (Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, and Tartaric acids) Accutane and Salicylic acid are examples of anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin.
Spray tans are an excellent way to achieve a healthy glow while avoiding harmful UV rays (aging your skin prematurely is definitely not in). At Be Bronze Studio, we believe that a beautiful tan begins with healthy skin, and our tans are designed to make you feel better as well as look better. Our spray tans actually improve your skin and give you a gorgeous glow for a longer period of time. How long will a spray tan last?
The answer is dependent on a number of factors, including your skin’s health, complexion, and pre- and post-spray tan care. We’ll answer the question “how long does a spray tan last?” and share some spray tan tips to help you get the most out of your tan in this blog.
How Long Does a Spray Tan Last?
A spray tan can last up to 10 days, depending on your skin type. A spray tan on lighter skin tones may last for 5 days, medium shades for 7-8 days, and darker shades for up to 10 days. To be on the safe side, we estimate that your spray tan will last between 5-7 days, depending on your spray tan care routine.
How Often Should You Get A Versa Spray Tan?
Once a day is recommended, however twice a day is encouraged. Spray tans typically last 4-8 days, however they can last longer or shorter than this. The mor you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. Wait at least one day before going into the ocean or the pool after your spray tan.
How Long After Versa Pro Spray Tan Can I Shower?
How long should I wait to shower? For the best results, it’s recommended that you wait eight hours to shower after your spray tan is completed. The minimum amount of time to wait is four hours. If you don’t wait long enough to allow the DHA to set in, it could cause the tan to be less intense.
Tips to Make Your Spray Tan Last Longer
We want to make sure you get the most out of all your tans now that we know how long a spray tan lasts. These suggestions will help your tan last longer and protect your skin from harmful oils.
What to Do Before Getting a Spray Tan
You might think that getting a spray tan begins when you walk into the studio, but preparing for a tan begins much earlier. One of the most important factors influencing how long a spray tan lasts is your pre-spray tan care. Here are some helpful hints for preparing for a spray tan:
- If you’re getting any other services done (nails, waxing, facial, massage, etc.), make sure to schedule them before your spray tan.
- Wax at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. Wax can adhere to the skin and make it difficult for your spray tan to adhere.
- Shower exfoliate at least 4 hours before your spray tan. This not only helps the tanning solution adhere to your skin, but it also allows your pores to close sufficiently to avoid discoloration.
- When exfoliating, use an exfoliator that is oil-free and made from organic ingredients. Using an oil-based exfoliator or moisturizer before tanning can have long-term negative effects on your skin.
- At least 4 hours before your appointment, shave.
- Make sure you don’t have any lotions or makeup on when you arrive for your appointment. Baby, keep your skin clean!
What to do During a Spray Tan
So you’ve prepared and are ready for your spray tan. Now it’s time to get you ready for the spray tan. If you’ve never had a spray tan before, check out our FAQ page for some spray tan preparation tips. Your appointment is for 30 minutes, but each spray takes approximately 15-20 minutes. Here’s what you should know before you come in:
- Change into loose-fitting clothing after your spray tan.
- If at all possible, avoid wearing a bra or undies. If you must wear a bra, choose a strapless or bandeau bra to avoid ruining your tan.
- Bring flip-flops or sandals to wear after you’ve gotten a tan.
- There will be no denim or yoga pants.
- A long, black t-shirt dress is ideal for spray tanning.
- Bring an umbrella if the forecast calls for rain! Raindrops can leave streaks on your spray tan.
What to Do After Getting a Spray Tan
What now that you’re glowing and ready to go? When determining how long a spray tan will last, take into account your post-spray tan care routine. These essential after-tan tips will help your tan last longer and look better:
- Shower at least 4-8 hours, but no more than 24 hours, after your spray tan.
- This includes avoiding all sources of moisture, such as working out, cleaning, lotions, and liquid foundation.
- When you first shower after your spray tan, be gentle and avoid scrubbing your body. Avoid using bar soaps or soaps that are abrasive to your skin.
- Only use natural body washes (no oils!) and then wash off the surface bronzer with your palms.
- We understand how relaxing a hot shower can be, but only use lukewarm water after your spray tan. Hot water can shorten the duration of your tan.
- Instead of rubbing, pat yourself dry.
- Moisturizing is essential for extending the life of your tan. After you get out of the shower, apply an oil-free moisturizer to lock in moisture. Moisturize your skin in the morning and evening.
- Use our Tan Extender as your primary moisturizer starting on day 3.
- Avoid swimming, long showers, baths, steam rooms, and saunas to keep your tan.
- Avoid harsh chemicals like chlorine, acid-containing products, massages, fashion tape, bandages, and anything else that could remove your tan.
- We know it’s difficult, but keep your hands off your hot body. There will be no crossing of the legs or other skin-to-skin contact.
- Don’t be afraid to use tinted moisturizers to “top off” your tan. Just make sure the color matches your Be Bronze tan. Highlighter and bronzer also help you maintain your glow for a longer period of time.
- Exfoliate only when you’re ready to say farewell to your current tan and hello to a new one.
Experience the Be Bronze Difference
When determining how long a spray tan will last, consider how well you care for your skin both before and after the tan. There are many things you can do to extend the life of your tan, from not exfoliating to not using oil-based moisturizers. Shave and exfoliate at least 4-8 hours before your tan appointment, and dress appropriately (dark, loose-fitting clothes). Cooler showers, no harsh chemicals, and a top-off, like our Tan Extender, will help your tan last longer. We are excited to see you in the studio. Schedule an appointment today to discover the Be Bronze difference.
Some Common Questions
Q: Is a clear or bronze spray tan preferable?
Tuesday Tanning Tip: With the VersaSpa, you can choose between a Clear or Tinted Bronze sunless tan solution. If you require an automatic tan, this is an excellent option. The Clear solution is, well, clear. Color will not appear immediately, but will gradually develop over 4 – 6 hours.
Q: What should I do to prepare my skin for a spray tan?
“If the proper [oil-free] product is used, you can exfoliate immediately before having a spray tan.” Remember to wear nothing on your skin to your tanning session. “Avoid wearing perfume, creams, lotions, deodorant, or make-up to your spray tan appointment; a clean canvas is always best,” Pradas advises.
Q: Is Mystic Tan or Versa better?
The distinction between Versa Tan and Mystic Tan is fraught with ambiguity and misunderstanding. If you already have a darker skin tone, the Mystic will produce a better result because it produces a darker tan in general. However, if you are fair and use the Mystic, it will appear too dark and unnatural.
Q: How long does versa spray tan take to develop?
Your skin begins to darken two to three hours after application and reaches its peak color within 24 hours. The color will gradually fade through natural exfoliation, just like a tan from the sun.
Q: How do you make a Versa spray tan last longer?
- Exfoliate before you start.
- Wax instead of shaving.
- Top up with a gradual tanner.
- Take short showers.
- Use gentle shower gel and soaps.
- Avoid the sauna and steam room.
- Moisturise everyday!
Q: Does VersaSpa turn orange?
Will the VersaSpa® turn me orange? NO! Unlike bad imitations and older style machines, the VersaSpa will leave you with nothing but a huge smile and a beautiful, natural bronzed glow.